Financial Committee Organization and Policies
Jody Dorsett is denominated Treasurer to serve as a voting member of the Board (abstaining from voting on matters directly related to his actions as Treasurer) and an ex officio, non-voting member of the Finance Committee.
Description of Finance Committee
The Finance Committee shall consist of three members, one of whom shall be a director. In addition, the Treasurer shall be an ex officio, non-voting member of the Finance Committee. The Committee shall have the following responsibilities:
- Oversight of all monies received by ReadAssist.org.
- Oversight of all expenditures over $50, for approval by the Board.
- Reports to the Board as required.
Duties of Treasurer
The Treasurer shall have the following duties:
- Keep the books of ReadAssist.org.
- Render statements of the financial status of ReadAssist.org as required by the Board or the Finance Committee.
- Receive and disburse the monies of ReadAssist.org as directed in this policy or otherwise by the Board.
- Have the custody of all monies of ReadAssist.org.
- Perform such other duties as the Board or the Chair may designate from time to time.
Management of Expenses
- The Treasurer shall have a petty cash fund of $50, from which the Treasurer may pay expenses up to that amount, subject to obtaining a receipt. All requests shall be fully documented (name, place, date, amount, reason) and accompanied by receipts. All such payments will be included in a petty cash report appended to the financial report to the Board.
- The Chair, Vice Chair or Treasurer may approve disbursement of amounts under $50. The Board must approve disbursement of all funds over $50.
Release of Financial Data
All donor financial information will be reported as follows:
- Receipts against public pledges.
- Receipts against private pledges.
- Unpledged receipts.
- Pledges not yet received (for the information of the Board).
All donor financial information shall be private information and shall not be disclosed, other than to the Finance Committee or the Board as necessary. The Treasurer's reports shall report receipts in the aggregate. Any necessary details shall be contained in a separate document.
Pledges made by email are reported as private pledges. Pledges made in Baen's Bar are reported as public pledges.
Adopted by the Board November 4, 2000.