November 2, 2002
The following members were present in the Bar Chat Room:
- Judith Lasker, Chair
- Pam (Pogo) Poggiani
- Janet Dailey
- Jody Dorsett
- Morgen Kirby
- Virginia DeMarce
Judith Lasker, Chairperson, declared a quorum at 2:05 PM CST. All relevant documentation regarding this Board will be kept by the Communications Officer & Recorder.
- Lasker asked for comments on the minutes for the October meeting. Revision showing the approval of the Webscriptions for those assisting ReadAssist efforts at ConJose .
- David Byrd discussed plans for ReadAssist efforts at Loscon, Thanksgiving weekend in LA. He has 8 persons (Traci Scroggins, Miranda Read, Jennifer Sheldon, Karen Bargstralh , Debbie Stein, Vickie Chan, Kelvin Ma, Stacey Helton and Brandy Brooks) signed on to help out. David Weber had already given a red shirt promise to Byrd for the silent action. Byrd was expecting to hear from Toni or Jim Baen for additional items.
(Secretary's note - I talked with Miranda and Traci and they tell me that Dan Goodwin, Ray
Chatterjee and John Sloan also helped out at Loscon.) Pogo suggested registering ReadAssist.org
with some search engines. She will research costs and report next meeting. She thought some of
them are free.
- Jody mentioned that Kim Komando (www.komando.com) has been discussing accessibility issues. I've emailed her, but not received any response.
(Secretary's note - I've been traveling during the last couple times she's had her show on, but
I've thought about trying to call and see if I can get on the air with her. It's live Sat AM 7-10.
Maybe this Saturday I'll try and get thru. She did have some good links/info for blind persons
(http://www.komando.com/kool_show.asp?showID=158801). I sent this to Pogo and she said that she know about most of them.
- Chair called for a regular meeting schedule to be held on Saturday, December 7, 2002 at 2:00 PM CST.
- Meeting was adjourned at 3:16 PM CST.
- One more Secretary's note. Dailey redid the ReadAssist flyer, primarily updating the information about Jimmy passing away. Please send any comments.