September 21, 2002
The following members were present in the Baen's Bar Chat Room.
- Judith Lasker, Chair
- Jody Dorsett, Vice Chair
- Evan Mayerle, Gizmo Subcommittee
- Pam Poggiani, Web Design
- Walt Boyes, Technical Cmte
- Morgen Kirby, Contact Coordinator
- Mike Preston, Treasurer
- Eric Flint
- Also, Traci Scroggins, ReadAssist's WorldCon auction agent, and David Byrd attended.
Chair called the meeting to order at 1:05 and declared a quorum.
The minutes of the last meeting were approved, as no one had registered any objections or comments since they were distributed.
- Treasurer's Report: see below.
- Technical Committee: Walt Boyes reported that there is nothing to report.
- Gizmo Subcommittee: Evan Mayerle reported that there is nothing to report.
It was determined that the computer purchased by ReadAssist for Jimmy is part of Jimmy's estate and that ReadAssist has no rights in nor responsibility for it.
- Jody Dorsett has received several orders, but payment has not yet been confirmed. Mike Preston said that payment has been received; Jody will send the shirts.
- New shirts: Jody has not had time to spare for the new design.
2002 WorldCon (ConJose) Auction
- Traci Scroggins and David Byrd reported on difficulties and successes of auctioning donated items at a science fiction convention. (Learning event!) They reported that many Baen BarFlies helped, putting hours and hours of time into helping make the auction a success. Traci will draft a thank-you letter to them, to be approved and signed by Judith Lasker.
- Morgen Kirby suggested that ReadAssist purchase a one-month WebScription for each auction volunteer as tangible (?) thanks, and this suggestion was approved.
- Traci and David brought up LosCon, the annual Los Angeles SF convention. David suggested two raffles of the items which did not sell at ConJose, or which arrived too late to be included there, with a David Weber red-shirting as the grand item.
Next meeting is scheduled for November 2, 2002.
In the absence of Janet Dailey, these minutes are submitted by Pam Poggiani.
Treasurer's Report, submitted by Mike Preston, September 21, 2002
|Funds on Hand Previous Report|| ||$1,067.27 |
|Interest||$2.31 || |
|Auction Results|| || |
|Gross Proceeds||$1,593.50 || |
|Expenses||340.88 || |
|Net Proceeds||$1,252.62 || |
|Current Balance|| ||$2,322.20 |
/s/ Michael L. Preston, Treasurer