May 18, 2002
The following members were present in the Baen's Bar Chat Room.
- Judith Lasker, Chairman, Finance
- Jody Dorsett, Vice Chair
- Evan Mayerle, Gizmo Sub-committee
- Pam Poggiani, Website Design
- Morgen Kirby, Contact Coordinator
- Janet Daily, Commo
Chair called the meeting to order at 1:03 p.m. CDT and declared a quorum.
- Jody Dorsett, discussion re: T-shirts
- Hasn't sold any T-shirts since he made the announcement on the Bar.
- Has two dozen T-shirts left.
- After much discussion, group consensus for the next step is for Jody to contact Mad Mike and see if he will handle the shirts for ReadAssist in exchange for us giving him one, since Mike attends so many conventions. Proceeds to benefit ReadAssist. Also to post announcement of such on the Bar, in Publishers Podium.
- Also discussed another design for a 1634-type T-shirt. Jody and Pam to work on project.
- Jimmy's computer
- Morgen says Jimmy has another desktop computer (a HP), the Atlas is still locking up, and his laptop is getting fixed. Jody is working with the local techies and will see if it can be fixed by changing video card or chipsets. Pam moved to spend $200 more to see if it can be fixed. Jody seconded. Passed unanimously.
- Jody will also see if we can get Jimmy a three-button trackball at the same time the Atlas gets worked on. Costs have already been approved.
- Morgen will get a wish list from Jimmy to see what still needs to be done. Tabled discussion until next meeting.
- Website issues
- Pam and Luis will have more updated sites added in the next week: special-needs library, more bookstores, more publishers...
- Discussion among the group about paying for search-engine placement. Decided not to do it.
- Pam asked Morgen if she had found anything on finding access to other chat rooms.
Next Meeting is set for June 15, 2002, at the same time.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:16 p.m. CDT.
These minutes are submitted by Janet Dailey on May 21, 2002.
Website Report, submitted by Pam Poggiani, May 15, 2002
- Website itself
Updating and adding of links still being worked on.
April 1, 2001 minutes do not seem to exist; I'm wondering if the mention of such in the minutes of April 22, 2001 was a joke?
Many of the internal links in the website have been munged somehow. This will be fixed soon .
Luis and I will get together to get the fixed and updated pages up on the site
- Website registration
Registration lasts only a year, and costs $30 or so per engine. I think the reciprocal links idea is the way to go... Check out Selina Rosen's Favorite Links: http://www.geocities.com/lynnstran/rosenlin.htm and the links page of her publishing company, Yard Dog Press: http://www.windwolf.com/
/s/ Pam Poggiani, Website Designer