March 18, 2001
The following members were present in the Baen's Bar
- Mike Spehar, Chairman
- Walt Boyes, Technical
- Judith Lasker, Finance
- Mike Preston, Treasurer
- Jody Dorsett, Requirements
- Eric Flint, Court Jester
- Janet Dailey, Commo
Chair, called meeting to order at 3:02 PM CST, March 18, 2001 and declared a quorum.
All relevant documentation regarding this Board will be kept by the Communications Officer & Recorder. Minutes of March 10, 2001 meeting were posted to Baen's Bar on March 14, 2001.
The Treasurer/ Finance and Tech Reports were distributed on March 17, 2001 before the meeting to all board members.
- Chair moved to accept the Financial/Treasurer Report. Boyes seconded. Approved by Board vote.
- Chair called for discussion on the Tech Report. Dailey is getting info on a new lead for a page turner. Will pass on to Tech as soon as received. Boyes moved to accept. Lasker seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair asked for discussion about Boyes Automation List post. It is the biggest collection of automation and motion control experts on the internet. Boyes moved to post a request for volunteers for the Gizmo project. Preston seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair asked for discussion on Jimmy and Libertycon. Jimmy's Dad approved the excursion. Dorsett moved that ReadAssist have a presence, in the form of a table at Libertycon, Dailey will chair sub-committee, with Pogo writing the brochure. Boyes seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair called for discussion on the Scan & Scrub project. Dailey moved to table. Preston Seconded. Flint will provide an update on the situation in 2/3
days. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair called for discussion on Incorporation. Preston is willing to absorb the tax on interest income for now. Dailey moved to table. Dorsett seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair asked for discussion on fortnightly meeting held on Sunday 3PM CST. Preston moved to accept. Dorsett seconded. Passed by Board Vote.
- Chair called for comments on Libertycon. Board members who may be attending are:
- Eric Flint, Master of Ceremonies;
- Janet Dailey, Chair of Libertycon Subcommittee:
- Jody Dorsett, party suite (if he doesn't move to FL
- Mike Preston (but won't know for sure until mid-Apr);
- and the best for last - Mike Spehar, attending his
first SF con, if we have a ReadAssist table.
- Chair asked for motion to adjourn. Preston so moved. Dailey seconded. Approved by Board vote.
Submitted by Janet Dailey, Commo & Recorder, March 21, 2001
Reports for March 18, 2001 Board Minutes, consolidated.
Treasurers Report, submitted by Mike Preston, March 17, 2001
|Source ||Pledged ||Received ||Spent ||Total|
|Public ||$666.25 ||$770.00 || || |
|Private ||$950.00 ||$565.00 || || |
|Unpledged || ||$996.00 || || |
|Interest Income || ||$13.46 || || |
|Total ||$2,116.25 || || ||$2,344.46 |
|Total Spent || || ||$1,699.99 || |
|Net Cash || || || ||$644.56|
|Credit Available || ||$500.00 || || |
|Total Resources Available || || || ||$1,143.01|
|Resources Allocated: Balance of Computer Project || || ||$350.00 || |
|Unallocated Resource Bal || || || ||794.56|
Unallocated Resources include $643.01 cash and $150.00 credit.
Pledges not given up on: $416.25; Possible Available: $1,210.81
Tech Report, Submitted by Walt Boyes, Chair, March 17, 2001
- The Gizmo Subcommittee placed notices requesting interested gizmo tinkerers to submit suggestions for page turning devices. Nothing new so far.
- Jim Baen reported that he had bought several of the Levenger devices. Walt Boyes reported he has received one that he ordered from Levenger and is tinkering with it. It has promise.
- Walt Boyes intends, with the Board's permission, to post a note asking for input to The Automation Mailing List, the largest discussion list for automation and motion control professionals on the Internet. MOTION FOR PERMISSION on the agenda, please.